Monthly Archives: December 2012
Victoria Jackson’s Connecticut School Shooting Post: Former ‘SNL’ Star’s Tone Deaf Comment Hours After Tragedy
(The Huffington Post) – Victoria Jackson sank to a new low with a post on her Facebook page just hours after the tragedy began unfolding at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
The former “SNL” star is no stranger to stoking controversy. She repeatedly made headlines throughout the presidential election, most notably for her response to Todd Akin’s legitimate rape controversy.
But this post, quoting her friend and fellow Tea Partier Jim Riley, is her most shockingly tone deaf yet, echoing a sentiment that seems more like something you’d hear from Fred Phelps:
(Chicago Sun-Times) – SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The women’s basketball team at Mission College expected the bleachers to be full and the hecklers ready when its newest player made her home court debut.
In the days leading up to the game, people had plenty to say about 6-foot-6-inch, 220-pound Gabrielle Ludwig, who joined the Lady Saints as a mid-season walk-on and became, according to advocates, the first transsexual to play college hoops as both a man and a woman.
- long over due
(MacRumors) – AllThingsD reports that Google’s highly anticipated iOS Maps app is set to be released later tonight.
When Apple stopped using Google Maps in September with iOS 6, rumors immediately began that the search engine giant would release its own Maps app into the App Store. Since then, unhappy iOS users have been waiting patiently for the app, which didn’t seem like it was going to materialize, until tonight.
Google Maps for iOS will likely be a huge hit with iPhone users that have been plagued with problems using Apple’s built-in mapping solution. Apple has received significant criticism over its mapping app, most recently when motorists in Australia became lost because of a misplaced waypoint.
There’s no word on when the app will hit the App Store, but if it is in line with other releases, expect to see it around 11pm Eastern.
- a little more light shining through the veil, the light should be in just about everyone’s eyes by now. If not, take a minute to stop, look around and listen. A lot of good things could very well be getting ready to go down.
(The Huffington Post) – Science has determined that people need to know 7.5 things per day, on average, about the world of business. You can’t argue with science. Lucky for you, the Huffington Post has an email newsletter, delivered first thing every weekday morning, boiling down the day’s biggest business news into the 7.5 things you absolutely need to know. And we’re giving it away free, because we love you, and also science. Here you go:
Thing One: Trilateral Bildergerg Grove: They meet in secret to hatch their plans. They speak in a language all their own. The fate of the entire world is at their command. They are … the MIT-educated central bankers.
The Wall Street Journal’s Jon Hilsenrath and Brian Blackstone gave conspiracy theorists the heebie-jeebies this morning with a story about how the world’s top central bankers meet in secret regularly to talk about their crazy experiment of pumping money into the global economy to see what happens. The three leaders of this cabal — the Federal Reserve’s Ben Bernanke, the European Central Bank’s Mario Draghi and the Bank of England’s Mervyn King — all have spent time at MIT. This thing goes deeper than you can imagine, obviously. We’re through the looking glass, man!
Actually, it’s not all that surprising that our economies are run by econo-nerds, nor is it all that surprising that they’d talk once in a while. It’s also sadly not all that surprising that they are flooding the global economy with cash, taking all sorts of risks, because their politically elected counterparts are so busy working against the global economy, by ratcheting up austerity measures in the U.S., Europe and the U.K. Somebody’s got to do something, and that somebody is the econo-nerds.
01. Medeew & Chicks – Akimba (Leon Remix) [Kiara Records]
02. Nic Fanciulli – Wild [Saved Records]
03. Compact Grey – Bane (Ron Costa Remix) [Gris Musique]
04. Dosem – A Modern Ritual (Club Mix) [Tronic]
05. Diego Infanzon – Spirit That Shit (Hollen Remix) [Deeperfect]
06. Lutzenkirchen – Dual Tracker (Da Fresh Remix) [Blufin]
07. Stefano Noferini – Percepetion [Promo]
08. Stefano Noferini – Duper [Promo]
09. Pablo Briales – Do It (Mr. Fix Remix) [Safari Recordings]
10. Stefano Noferini – People [Promo]
11. Virgil Enzinger – Odic Force (Audio Injection Remix) [Blind Spot Music]
1. My Digital Enemy – Zona Norte (Vague Recollection Remix) [ZULU]
2. Flashmob – Hot [DEFECTED]
3. Tommyboy – Can You Feel It (Metodi Hristov Remix) [PORNOSTAR]
4. Jay Lumen – Get Ready [100% PURE]
5. Mulder – Natural High (Joris Voorn Edit) [REJECTED]
6. Julio Bashmore – Au Seve [BROADWALK]
7. Sonny Fodera – Jack This [INSTEREO]
8. Ejeca – Horizon [NEEDWANT]
9. My Digital Enemy – New Sensation [ZULU]